Saturday, March 1, 2008

India to USA-Part 2

Pre-requisite: India to USA-Part 2 (Its a continuation, i Promise there wont be dependency from next time ;) )

Now then i reached b'lore. The next few days were a little hard. People close to me didnt know that i went for a stamping and i couldnt explain to them that it happened so quickly that i couldnt tell anyone. Anyway, things came to normal (Some people telling themselves... whatever... I know of a few... I am sure you were one of them.. Gotcha ;) ).

Finally!! the shopping spree started, God know why people shop so much (Well that is something that i have not found an answer for :) ). With shopping another thing started as well the treat spree. I just had time for one.. It was with some of my closest friends (Literally Chadi dost, guys who i grew up with, guys who mean a lot to me :) ). Bharath, Nikki, Sumesh, Chethan, Sathish, Praveen, Soma, Ashwini (She is slightly new to the team, well i guess this circle is going to get big ;) in couple of years time). We went to Amar Court (Not sure on the spelling, Boy was it expensive ;) ). As per the tradition we started off with a few drink, i took on 2 Vodka's (60ML vodka, 200ML Sprite), well this was my second time, the company made me take 2 :)... Was fun. Never liked vodka since then (Its served too strong here ;) ). The bill was fat (so big that the hunters became the hunted, didnt understand, the people in the treat had to pay 2K Rs ;) ).

Back to shopping, I had to meet 2 (actually 3 one of whom was in Germany (Well his name is Giri, had to put it in.. Reader's Request ;) ) already) more guys who meant a lot to me. One who is partly responsible of me doing well in engineering (No, i didnt copy in the exam from him ;) ). First time i felt that if you are with a guy who studies hard you tend to study too (Atleast hardly ;) ). Met Ravi and Santhosh (Remember the 2 guys) in Garuda mall (We had become so close that we used to call each other each day for 3 months after getting off college. :) ). I had to buy a few things so all the 3 of us went to marathahalli, brought a Nike Slippers, a suitcase (Each time i did this i would update my shopping bills, i remember it was 17K already ). Then we went to MK Ahmed Bazaar. Santhosh is a pro in food stuff so he suggested a few ready to stuff from MTR (I had not prepared Rice ever so, this was a survival trick ;) ).

Never thought that would be last time that i would see them before getting to US. Thatz what happened though, miss them a lot now... Dont know why :(.. There were a fews guys that i couldnt meet too, that was much more disappointing.. Would have loved to hug everyone and say bah bye ;).

That week was one of the most hectic weeks of my life.. Getting tickets booked was the other part of the pain ;). Now i would fast forward a little and come to the last 2 days before i left ;).

Sept 27th : One day before i left, sitting in office getting ready with things, understanding the project, understanding the client.. Started wondering then "Iddu yella bekkagitha antha" (Whether i wanted all this ;) ). Well the answer then was "Yes, Givmme more" Now i say "Oh man!! what have i got myself into ;)". I remember that night... All that i could think of is "Oh man i cant sleep on this bed for a while now, how bad is that :(, to make it worse, i used to see my mom i> Worried Missing me (Already), but well that's life right, like the birds you cant stay in the nest for long..

Sept 28Th: A day when i met a few friends, one of whom was Sanjana, a best friend of mine (When it comes to girls :))someone who i could talk about anything serious. She presented me a nice blue kurta, which i wore for one of the office functions. Felt nice. Next met Swaroop, considering he was traveling too on the same day :) he was busy too, caught up with him after a struggle ;). Next came Mythili, another close friend of fine.. who knew exactly what to present me.. Fruit and Nut and a greeting card. Look at it each time i am a little down, feels nice. Cant forget that day, had a bad tummy, had to fly the next day, didn't get a min of sleep, couldn't think of anything except my home, my parents, my room, toilet (Oh man i am serious that was something that i was thinking about :) )... Sheesh!!!

Finally the day arrived. I had a 6:30 flight to catch. My bags were weighed 20 times at least :). Then comes in Bharath and Nikki... Help me pick my bags and i got a drive from my dad... It had been i while since i saw him drive. Mom and dad in front me at back, looking at the lovely streets of Bangalore, Inner ring road. Was remembering a Friend who liked this stretch of road a lot... I knew why ;).

Well, Time to say good bye for now.. Will be back soon with more. Flight happenings and arrival at USA next :)

4 comments:

Santhosh said...

Surprise u did not put the mishap with the perfume while shopping... and ur mouthwash still a mistery..lol.... btw reading ur blog made me remeber our college day venture... on bike...ring road...bus stop... and remember that maruti hit miss who almost ended hitting the pole... and those dabba trips....lets not forget our first accident together....Night outs at ur place and college... hmmm seems like i can go on and on and on.....

Santhosh said...

Hey btw i have added a blog enty on our first day in college do read it when u find some time....

Krishna Acharya said...

i think you were either getting late to office or were too emotional while writing this one, as you have goofed up with couple of words....and nowhere u mentioned that I was the one who got u the suitcase(or shopped together to get 1) :-(....
just kidding :-)....way to go!

Shriram said...

Lo krishna, that was something on my mind kano... Wanted to put in there.. but the problem was i came to the end of it.. and i couldnt really put in the right sentence. Anyway, thanks for the help. I woe you one :)