Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Whats New? Whats Old?

Well, Its been an yr since the American Bug bit me :)... Highlights of all the things I loved about this experience and why ;)

1)Seeing my Sister and Brother-in-law on the first day of my arrival (Even though they were late).. It was a relief (I was home sick :), already).
2)The drive back to Priya's house, and the cops that we met on the first day ("You are going on a one way!" my BIL says "Oh! is it? I was not aware" ) and no ticket [First time i felt i was lucky]
3)Priya's sight (I met her after 2 yrs.. She was my survival trick :) )
4)Friends for life.. Prasad, Vamsy, Kris and Maruthi.
5)First sight of statue of liberty (Wonderful)
6)NYC -- This is where you need to be [if not in Blore :) ]
7)First day of office (un-sure how tensed I was)
8)Me and my sister walking on the street and a lady shouting "I Like your husband :)"
9)Krishnan.. Going to his house.. He was so helpful
10)Priya again (with Prasad) picking me up from NYC.. [Why, because i cried on the phone.. Well, It was sad.. I would say my trip would have been a disater without Priya, Prasad and Vamsy]
11)Work picking up (was unsure on what to do... Never thought i would fit into what i was supposed to do)
12)Prasad helping me find a house.. Me shifting the house.. JERSEY CITY.. Vijay.. The long chats.
13)1st day of navratri.
14)Atlantic city was fun
15)Meeting Roops in Providence.
16)The first release to UAT and looking at the first screen of the application work.. It was a wonderful feeling, just like the first project i worked for.
17)Hand break on 30th Dec.. I can never forget that incident, it changed my life in someways. Made me stronger, made me understand how much i could miss my parents. My sister again was very helpful. [Things will never be the same]
18)Hard hitting at office, Munjal (Manager at JPMC) being as cool as ever.
19)Most friends getting married and me moving away from it.. I really was.. moving away too far.

.. I would come back to write more.. This is it for the day now

Cheers
Shri ;)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the completion of 1 yr is US... Hope and pray that you get to stay for long.... May all your dreams and ambitions come true in your life ahead... All the best!!

Shriram said...

anony bedda pa more stay.. Sakkaythu :) (I have had enuf, no thanks for more stay :) )

myths said...

one year already na !!
Nice post ....
You really did turn into an optimist after going there ;)
Here's to making good memories there for as long as you have to be there! and then you can come back and crash Bangalore and crib about how bad the traffic is and how people dont have minimum decency to hold doors open, about how everything takes so much time to get done and ... you get it ;)