Sunday, February 17, 2008

FAQ's :)

I met with a accident on 30th Dec. This post is for all those who want to know how i am. Wow, what a reason to create a blog ;). Anyway these are the set of question that i usually need to answer. Well guys, thanks for all those who like me so much :) Its a wonderful feeling, wished i was there with all you guys :)......

1)When did it happen?
A:You are not looking at the post ;) 30th Dec 2007

2)That should have been real terrible (Two days before new year's)?
A:Oh Yes!! its a torture, when you can't move your hand :(

3)How did it happen? Which hand?
A:I was out with my brother in law and his friend for skiing. We had actually gone to New Hampshire (What a wonderful place, man i missed it :( ). Had a breakfast break in Mac Donald's, while getting back i didn't notice the ice on the pavement. So... The rest is history. Right hand

4)Did your brother in law take you to the hospital?
A:No, called 911 the paramedics gave me a ride in their ambulance. The ride cost me 945 $, out of which i have to pay 100$

5)Was it so bad?
A:Oh yes, i never knew there were 2 bones in the hand. What more, i found out that both had broken into 4 pieces.

6)How did they fix it?
A:I underwent an operation, have 2 steel plates and 11 screws.

7)Why operation?
A:That was the only option, i had to get it done there itself as the doctor there scared us telling the bone might come out of the skin

8)How long was the operation?
A:90 mins of torture

9)Was it fine post operation?
A:It was a nightmare for 1 week, my sister and BIL took good care of me. But the pain was too much, well everything was mad.

10)Who took care of you after a week?
A:I have a great roomie, he prepared food for a week for me and packed lunch too.

11)Did the bandage come out?
A:Yes, after 2 weeks

12)What did the doctor say?
A:He said "This is the worse anyone can do to their hand, would take 4 months to recover. Don't expect it to be as it was previously" ( :(( ). You can join physiotherapy.

13)How has the recovery been
A:Pretty good, my right hand is 40% strength of my left hand.

14)How much do you have to spend?
A: LOTS :)

15)Has it effected your work?
A:Oh yes, i guess i am not doing much. Not happy about it but, don't have a choice.

16)Did you tell your parents?
A:I actually didn't want to, but a friend of mine told me to and i did, they were shocked. Well, Happens

Guys this is one of the toughest phase of my life, just hope i come through :). Thanks guys :)

6 comments:

myths said...

that was one amazing write , esp, ur "U r not reading the post, it says 30th of Dec" had me laughing ..
always been ur strength alwa, laughing about something that hurts u ..
God, it was pretty terrible alwa... U'll pull thru ma.. I know !

myths said...

P.S. what is VIVO??

Shriram said...

VIVO : Lively, bright. "Vivo (Ti scrivo)" (English translation: "Alive (I Write To You)") was the Italian entry in the Eurovision Song Contest 1988, performed in Italian by Luca Barbarossa.

Unknown said...

it was a brief description of what you went thru...

chill mate it happens and we learn from it...and yes it pretty costly affair which you went through but you would have learnt something out of it isnt it...

US experience...

Swappy said...

Hope you dont shock ur parents anymore....

U told not to tell anyone....and argued....now finally came out...huh

Anyways.....take care dude...!

Unknown said...

Refuse to be a victim of circumstances and refuse to see any victimizer..

God is your Shepard and he will guide you through.